Thursday, February 11, 2010

Foie Gras a la Chez Nistorescu



Posted by Picasa

Foie gras is always on of my list of favorites.

I order it whenever I see it in the menu, cooked different ways, dressed with the most incredible ingredients, always accompanied by beautiful wines.

For some reason I don't cook it so often, but this time I prepared a handful of "expensive fat"(approx 2 lbs), which end up in my fridge due to the generosity of a guest,

who showed up late for dinner.

Thank you Cami!

I've choosen to cook the foie gras very simple, just cut in 3 oz medallions, salted and peppered, simply seared about 35 seconds on each side on a hot pan.

Make sure that your kitchen is vented, open few windows, if any :)

For the base, I had brioche , lightly toasted, smeared with some Sicilian orange marmalade.

For the topping I made some sauteed onions with a touch of aged balsamic vinegar and cracked black peppercorns.

Assembly the dish as pictured, and you just made a spectacular dish in minutes.

For wine, I've got a bottle of chilled Moscatel de Málaga by Jorge Ordóñez & Co. .


Enjoy it !


PS. It can be a great Valentine's Day appetizer, if you are on budget and cook at home (like I do).

1 comment:

johnny said...

It is one of the most accurate description and presentation under your personal signiture.It really proves the experince and commitment in the restaurant bussines which is in need for chefs like you.Hope to see you soon back in restaurant bussines as a chef ,a place where the educated customer will give you a good grade.