Tuesday, December 1, 2009


After a long break, I am back writing about my latest cookings.

Thanks God is fall almost winter, and the abundance of seasonal ingredients is very inspirational.
I was looking for purple cauliflower, but I've found a green one (this particular color is following me lately.
So cruising my home market, I picked up the ingredients, and I already did picture the whole dish.
To put togheter the dish, you need:
1 box of pizzocheri or any buckwheat pasta,
1 head of green cauliflower
6 oz of heavy cream
3 shallots
butter
salt
pepper
Bring the water to boil, add little salt and cook the pasta for 10 minutes.
in a sepparate pan, sautee the shallots with butter until clear.
Remove the pasta from the pot, drain and transfer over the cooking shallots, add the cauliflower florets top the boiling water, and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove and drain it after.
transfer the cauliflower over the pasta, pour the heavy cream over, mix and cook over the small flame for 10 more minutes.
add some grean peas if you have, sprinkle Parmigiano and fresh ground pepper on top, and you are almost ready.
A nice bottle of Picpoul de Pinet will do with this dish.
Buon Appetito!

No comments: