Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tagliata ai ferri

Well, for most of you, this week doesn't have any meaning, but for me is a very important, I am celebrating The Eastern Orthodox Easter on Sunday April 27, and I am preparing myself for some serious cooking.
Before the holiday I should quit eating meat, but in exchange I did quit relaxing :).
Our extended family will be joining us for lunch on Sunday, so I have to plan the menu.Thanks God I have few days left, to prepare it.
I think will make 4 courses, and Sophia (my wife) will make sure that everything will be photographed and posted along with the recipes.
The wines are we going to have will be posted as well.
Since I am not observing lent this year, I am going to have some meat today.
I have few Angus sirloin steaks in my fridge, so I will sacrifice one for myself.


For this dish all you need is:


1 pc of 10-12oz sirloin steak
some mixed greens( I did put arugula)
1 tomato
shaved Parmigiano
1/2 lemon
extra virgin olive oil
salt
pepper


Rub the steak with salt and pepper then drizzle it with olive oil.
Heat up the grill, then put the steak on.
Cook it to the desired temperature.
Take it of the grill, let it rest, then slice it.
Add the salad tossed with chopped tomato, a squeeze of lemon and olive oil.
Put shaved Parmigiano on top of the salad and enjoy.
I had a beer with it Fischer Amber from Alsace, great match.



No comments: