Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shrimp and yellow string beans

It's 10am, and I have to get Ravi to the Day Care then to go to work,but there is no dinner prepared, so I have to put together something quick,otherwise my lovely wife will order some for delivery again .(I don't really care for delivered food) .
Well, so I have handy the following ingredients to play with:
12 shrimp 16-20 size
2 organic loose carrots
2 oz baby green peas
1 onion
garlic
chili powder
herbs
1 lb of yellow string beans
1 red bell pepper
1 tomato
To begin with I cleaned up the string beans, then I chopped the carrots, onions and tomato.
In a shallow saute pan I did heat up a little oil, the I added the vegetables and a cup of water.
I added the garlic, a dash of chili powder, salt and pepper, letting the whole thing simmer for about 18 min.
The shrimp has been added as well, stirring and mixing them with the vegetables.
Cook the whole thing for another, 12 minutes the add frozen green peas and stir them in.
By now, the water has been reduced, and all we have is a melange of vegetable and shrimp, perfectly cooked.
It's 10:40 already, I'm ready to go, the dinner is ready, all we need is some vino.
I suggest for this dish, to try the Salneval Albarino 2006, see the review at:
http://www.21cdigital.com/civusa/condes_de_albarei_reviews.htm



No comments: